Monday 19 October 2015

Please don't pull a stupid face and close the page - Double denim

Double denim. Boom. Don’t think I have to explain ‘cause it kinda speaks for itself :/ Please, don’t pull a stupid face and close the page, just hold on a moment and hear me out, Ok? Ok.

I noticed quite a few predictions about double denim (or DD as I am now calling it) appearing in the trend forecasts at the beginning of the season and I was really excited to see how they would bring it back, but…. It hasn’t seemed to happen which is a bit of a disappointment.
    I guess it’s the whole “scary ‘80’s thing” but I’m going to try to change your – or at least my small amount of readers- minds. So I am urging you to dig out your jeans and jackets and…. Wait for it…. Wear them at the SAME TIME! *Shock horror*

If you’re not entirely comfortable about wearing dd straight out (and frankly I don’t blame you) then here are some ideas on how to modernize this look and totally own it.

1. Put an oversize shirt (Not white, otherwise you are actually adding to the ‘80’s feel!) hanging open underneath your jacket, over a grey tee with a stand out slogan or graphic print to tone it down a touch. To take part of the attention away from the jeans and jacket, wear brightly coloured converse style shoes, or boots with coloured laces (You all know how much I love DM style boots!).

2. If you're wearing denim shorts then try brightly patterned tights or knee-highs.

3. For colder days, a eye-catching beanie is a must, along with several layers under your jacket in the form of a brushed cotton shirt, a thick cardigan and a thin hoody in a block colour that complements the shirt. Is that too much to remember? Sorry. These are just suggestions to give you a bit of inspiration, the most important thing is to keep your own unique style shining through.

As promised here are your pictures and I’ve actually tried doing an outfit grid this time, which is kinda exciting for me, so I hope you like them and are inspired to try double denim yourself!






Denim jacket: Levis
Jeans: H&M
Red shirt: H&M
Purple shirt; H&M
Boots: Internet
Beanie: Peacocks
Born to dance t-shirt: Covent Garden stall (can't remember the name)
Purple cardigan: H&M
Navy hoody: H&M

I don't only shop at H&M, it's just a coincidence!!

No comments:

Post a Comment