Tuesday 26 April 2016

Always that awkward situation

 
Before you ask, No the awkward situation did not involve toffee apples, I took these a few weeks ago.
 
 
What Awkward situation?  Photos. Posed photos. In costume. Did I mention what costume? No. Because as someone quite rightly pointed out those costumes made us look like we stepped out of a nursery rhyme. No kidding.

Anyway, we had photos taken in our costumes for a dance show.
This always poses some problems -

Trying to be really clever and turn or jump is ok until you realise you're not going to get a perfect picture the first time and you end up doing the same coupe turn 50 times over and get dizzy and fall over. Not a good look to be honest.

Stretching in costume whilst waiting. That was never going to turn out right.

Waiting in between photos. While the lady checks how the photo turned out or adjusts the light and you're just standing there in front of the big white screen and everybody is looking at you. What am I supposed to do with my hands? Wait - should I be posing? Is she ready? Oh is this the point when I smile? No, not yet. Ooops.

Make up. Like BRIGHT RED lipstick and blue eye shadow kind of make up.

Forgetting to smile. Why. Why do I do that? And then when the camera lady has to tell you to smile like she does with the three year olds. Embarrassing.

Didn't everyone else's pictures take far less time?

Millie x

p.s. I have some drafts in the line up so I will be blogging regularly again. Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment