Thursday 7 January 2016

A little rant about the weather

Don't read if it is sunny where you live because you will just laugh at our misfortune....
   
    Whilst I was doing biology this morning I suddenly heard some birds tweeting away and looked out the window. I had a poetic moment, because it was actually NOT RAINING for once!!
    I thought ok I must go for a run after lunch. So all was well, until 10 minutes later the rain started again. It went on like this for most of the morning and as it has been doing all week, no YEAR!
    Our kitchen has windows in three walls, so when the sun goes behind a cloud, the light changes dramatically and suddenly goes all dark and gloomy (when the lights are off). It did this while we were having lunch, but then instead of the sun coming out again, it started hailing.... very loudly.
    From ok to bad to absolutely awful in the space of half an hour. They were the size of peas and looked like perfectly miniature ping-pong balls. It only lasted a minute or two but soon the grass was covered with them and if you did that thing where you squint your eyes and look at it with your head tilted, then it just sort-of, just sort-of looked like snow. Until you opened you eyes properly it was awesome. But then I had to open my eyes and all the hail did was put a stop to any intentions of going outside and made us all feel like lighting the fire. The only person who seemed pleased by this un-welcome interlude was my lil' sister who instantly said "I'm going out to crunchle it!". What does crunchle even mean??!!
    But now it is sunny again and once more I am thinking of going outside, but then again I will probably get halfway down the lane and get caught in a blizzard or something.
    The best thing about this manic weather is the photo opportunities it provides and today was no exception! I rather like the way the hail got captured mid air and there are all these teeny white splodges! Very technical term that - splodges - because I am obviously very professional....!!

 
See you tomorrow when hopefully you might just be lucky and get something a bit more cheerful to read! Hoping for sun.... Millie X

No comments:

Post a Comment