Friday 11 December 2015

14 days till Christmas -Edwardian evening

Last night we all went out to our towns Edwardian evening. I don't know if it's just our town that has one of these? Have you ever been to one?? Basically all the shops stay open late and everyone comes and does their Christmas shopping and sing 7 carols at 7 o'clock and everyone is giving away free mince pies (yuck). I would have a lot, a lot of pictures but I dropped my phone 10 minutes after we got there.... so.... I took some pictures on my mums phone but they are not very good.

Things of note that happened:
  • At 7 carols, despite a lady saying over the speaker that she DIDN'T want any "other than traditional" versions, my 9 year old sister and co sang about shepherds watching TV....
  • Me and my sister burst our brothers eardrums with a very loud rendition of Shakin' Stevens, Merry Christmas everyone. Well not literally, but we had a good go!
  • We discovered that Santa hats are very good at soaking up rain water.
  • We saw at least 20 people you hardly ever see except for at Edwardian evening and had to   stop to talk to them ALL.
  • The college Jazz band played Uptown Funk. It sounded amazing.
  • I drank orange juice in a wine glass (?) with a reindeer and an angel....
  • I watched this little boys mouth, literally fall open at the street magicians tricks!

No comments:

Post a Comment