Tuesday 8 December 2015

17 days till Christmas - Silhouette's, donkeys and masterpieces

We are now starting making our Christmas cards! They are going to be a silhouette of a stable cut out of black card with a star above it on a background of blue? This was all going well drawing it out on a piece of paper until my siblings came in and a space ship, a wizard and a donkey entered the scene.... do not ask. I am currently typing this with the intention of adding photos and a little how to do it yourself later, after I have made the prototype.

Woah, fast-forward, I wrote that about an hour ago. It sounds so hopeful "hey guys I'm gonna produce a masterpiece"!! Yeah right.... this is the prototype I came up with.



It isn't exactly worthy of the Tate. But I will put on instructions on how I did it if anyone wants to have ago and make some proper ones.

To make one card, you will need:
Paper
White card
Pencil
Paintbrush
Scissors
Black paint
Some idea of how to draw

How to make:
On the piece of paper draw a stable outline. You could also draw a star, donkey, palm tree, camels....
Cut out the drawing around the top edge to make a silhouette. Arrange your templates on a piece of folded white card. Paint over the top with black paint. You could do this lightly to show the brush strokes or block out the entire thing in black. Simples.

I will probably never get round to making the 50 odd of these that we need.... but it was fun making this one and if any of you get the chance to have a go, then please tell me how it went!!

No comments:

Post a Comment